Based in Singapore
20 June, 2014
Part tower defense, part RTS and part mathematical puzzle, "Defense: Evolution" is a minimalist game of territorial expansion and control that will engage players thanks to its simple yet deep strategical gameplay and high replayability factor. Players' task is to wisely place a limited number of red units/cells anywhere in the play-field with the purpose of protecting the "beacon" (green cells) by an upcoming invasion (blue cells). Each cell population evolves and interacts with others according to Conway's "Game of Life" set of mathematical rules, originating an unexpected yet rigorous action in every play.
This game comes from our desire of experimenting with simple gameplay rules but able to product unexpected results. Conway's Game of Life is a perfect match and has fascinated mathematicians for more than 40 years. Why not try to turn it into an actual game?
- High replayability: unpredictable outcomes, yet driven by a mathematically rigorous rule-set, make each new game different and unique.
- Sharpen your pattern recognition and strategic skills.
- Requires both careful planning and quick decision making.
- Engaging soundscapes to complement the strategic action.
- Makes the original Conway's Game of Life if not more accessible, at least more engaging!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- ""Defense: Evolution brings simple gameplay rules into a mix of tower defense, puzzle, and RTS features through territorial expansion.""
- Valerie Anne Chiang, Shoost: Indie Gaming News and Views
- ""[Defense: Evolution] is simple: destroy the invaders, protect your beacons [...] it’s good for burning time away while waiting""
- Joshua Higgins, Indie Juice
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Adsumsoft is a dynamic and nimble game development and consultancy company based in Singapore, founded by game designer, academic and author Roberto Dillon. Our focus is on web, mobile and experimental games.
More information on Adsumsoft, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Defense: Evolution Credits
Game Design and Development